Skip to main content

Chapter 27: This Celebrity Just Wants to Study

Chapter 27: The Little Prince of Love Letters


Although Pu Tong had gone viral this time, he wasn't troubled by it in the slightest...

Everything had unfolded exactly according to his plan.


Why should he let Xu Lei freeload off his popularity for nothing?


If Xu Lei could shamelessly manufacture hype by using him, why couldn't he ride that same wave in return?


Having the production team advertise his game for free—wasn't that a brilliant move?


Since he had already decided to achieve financial freedom through game development, constantly learning new skills wasn't enough. Building up his reputation ahead of time was just as important.


At the very least, once Werewolf became a massive hit, he could use it as proof to convince his parents to support his ambitions.


If a minor suddenly announced that he wanted to start a company, his parents would never take him seriously. But if he had already demonstrated astonishing talent for game design on a nationally televised show...


Even with just Werewolf, he wouldn't lose money.


Besides, he'd already received the payment for the first episode. The Deskmate of Yours had also become a hit and earned him a considerable amount of money.


The only thing standing between him and starting a company now was his parents' approval.


Being underage meant he had to rely on his parents to handle legal matters.


There was nothing he could do about that.


The gaming industry evolved far too quickly.


Pu Tong simply couldn't afford to wait.


If he delayed for several years and someone else came up with all those game ideas first...


He'd have nowhere to cry.


Learning and making money had to go hand in hand!


"Son, I never realized you could design games too."


Watching the show, Ni Hui couldn't hide the pride swelling inside her.


My son is amazing.

Just like me!


"It's just something I came up with on a whim..." Pu Tong scratched his head innocently. "But I heard people saying that if this game were turned into a mobile game or something, it could probably make a lot of money."


"Really?"


Ni Hui's eyes immediately lit up.


She could tell the game had tremendous potential. Whether it became a mobile game or a tabletop game, it looked like something that could generate passive income for years.


"Yeah. Besides, the copyright is entirely mine. I just don't know what to do next..." Pu Tong sighed dramatically.


"If we miss this opportunity, it'll probably lose all its momentum."


"Huh? That won't do!"


Ni Hui immediately became anxious.


Her son had painstakingly created a potential blockbuster. How could it die before it was even released?


Seeing that the timing was perfect, Pu Tong finally dropped the act.


"Mom, remember that song I wrote last time? It earned quite a bit of money."


"So... could we register a game company under your name? Then we can officially develop this game..."


Ni Hui frowned thoughtfully.


Actually...

That wasn't a bad idea.


Once her son became an adult, she could simply transfer the company over to him.


It would still be the family's business.


Wouldn't that be perfect?


"I'll call your father first and discuss it with him. Neither of us knows much about running a game company..."


"No worries."


"I do."


Exactly.


His parents only needed to appear on paper because he was underage.


As for the actual operation of the company...

He would personally handle everything.


Ni Hui gave him a strange look.

For some reason...

Her son seemed far too mature for his age.


With money, game copyrights, and a highly promising project already in hand, there was no reason for his parents to refuse.


Little did they know...

Werewolf was merely the first piece of Pu Tong's gaming empire.


Creating Werewolf would amount to nothing more than an online multiplayer card game.


If he truly wanted financial freedom...

He needed to produce several more blockbuster games.


"I should start hiring employees too."


At the moment, Pu Tong was still a complete beginner when it came to programming.


Developing games himself wasn't realistic yet.


He'd have to rely on employees for now.


"I'll also need an office..."


"It feels like I'm already running out of money."


Office rent.

Utilities.

Equipment.

Employee salaries.

Every one of them was a massive expense.


Fortunately, Deskmate of Yours was a paid song.


Every month, he'd continue receiving royalty payments from the music platforms.


That had become his stable source of income.


"If I really run out of money..."


"I'll just write a few songs for Yu Wanwan and the others."


"Rich ladies, I'm hungry. Please feed me."


Pu Tong had already made up his mind.


Why let outsiders make the money when his own people could?


A few moments later, Ni Hui returned after finishing her phone call.


Her face was glowing with excitement.


"Tomorrow I'll register the company for you!"


"Hahaha! I'll finally become President Ni!"

...

For some reason...

Leaving the company in his mother's hands didn't feel particularly reassuring.


"Let's keep watching the show."


The class basketball tournament came to an end.


Xie Mu and Gan Hengxu's team narrowly claimed victory.


Unfortunately...

No one cared about the basketball game anymore.


Every viewer was discussing only one thing—

Pu Tong's Werewolf.


In a sense, Pu Tong really had brought enormous popularity to the show.


No wonder Xu Lei loved riding his popularity so much.


The program alternated between scenes of the basketball game and Werewolf.


The contrast couldn't have been greater.


But...


Wasn't that exactly what youth looked like?


A single scene could never represent the entirety of youth.


The camera only captured a few minutes.


It could never contain all three years of their high school life.


Youth flies freely.


Passion endures forever.


By the time PE class ended, more than half the episode had already aired.


Only the final ten minutes remained.

...

The last ten minutes...


Don't tell me it's going to be that incident...


"It's basically over."


"Nothing interesting left."


"Why don't we just chat instead?"


"Huh?"


"But there are still ten minutes left."


Ni Hui looked confused.


"What are you in such a hurry for?"


A hurry?


How could I not be?


There was no way he wanted his parents to see that everyone thought he was incredibly good at writing love letters.


"Only ten minutes left."


"Let's just skip it."


"Nope."


"We're watching."

...

Looks like I can't stop it now.


The rest unfolded exactly as expected.

PE class ended.

The program reached the infamous love-letter incident.

Since the preview had already teased it, there was no way the full episode wouldn't include it.

Pu Tong had mentally prepared himself.

Compared to the sudden emotional damage from the first time...

This was at least a little easier to accept.

...

Wait.

I almost got brainwashed.

Xu Lei absolutely deserves a beating.


Although Pu Tong had tacitly approved using the incident to promote Werewolf...

The love-letter segment had still been deliberately arranged by Xu Lei.


I'll remember this.


Pu Tong had never believed in silently swallowing insults.


However, if he really pursued legal action now...

Xu Lei might be punished.


But his own peaceful life would also be destroyed.


It would be a lose-lose situation.


Not to mention...


With Xu Lei's influence and connections, making life difficult for an ordinary student like him wouldn't be hard.


And since the show was also promoting his school...


If he completely fell out with Xu Lei, would he even be able to continue studying there peacefully?


Why fight the final boss at Level One...


When you could quietly grind experience first?


A gentleman's revenge is never too late—even after ten years.


Like this time.


Borrowing the show's popularity to advertise his game.


Wasn't that a much smarter approach?


Later on...


He could repay Xu Lei many times over.


As the pink love letter appeared on screen...


One sentence once again sent the audience into a frenzy.


"Do you think..."


"Could this be a love letter Pu Tong wrote for Wanwan?"


"Son..."


"You..."


"It wasn't me!"


"It was all an accident!"


"You did great!"


Ni Hui patted him proudly on the head.


"You should've confessed directly!"

"Why bother writing a love letter?"

"Just confess in front of everyone!"


"...?"


His mother's way of thinking seemed a little...


Different.


"It really wasn't written by me."


"Just keep watching."


On screen...

Pu Tong finally arrived.

Facing everyone's suspicion, he calmly replied—


"If I had written it..."

"It would've been much better."

"So it definitely wasn't written by me."


Much better?


Now the internet was interested.


Although viewers hadn't actually seen the accidental love letter...


They assumed it was just an ordinary high school confession.


Since Pu Tong claimed he could instantly write something better...


Everyone wanted to see what he would come up with.


Without the slightest hesitation, Pu Tong leisurely recited—

"If I were writing it, I'd write:

May there be years to look back upon,

and may we grow old together with unwavering love."

"If I were writing it, I'd write:

Though heaven and earth may one day reach their end,

my longing for you shall never cease."

"If I were writing it, I'd write:

I ask not to stay by your side forever;

I only wish to accompany you to the ends of the earth."

"If I were writing it, I'd write:

The moon beneath the sea is but the moon in the sky;

the one before my eyes is the one within my heart."

"If I were writing it, I'd write:

Just because you once looked back at me,

I think of you from dawn until dusk."

Then he smiled.

"If I were writing it..."

"I could write something much better."


...

Much better?


That wasn't merely "better."


It absolutely crushed the original.


Love letters...


Could actually be written like this?


The viewers were completely dumbfounded.


What were they waiting for?


Quick!

Get a pen!

Take notes!


Seeing his mother's stunned expression, Pu Tong laughed awkwardly.


"Well..."


"They call me..."

'The Little Prince of Love Letters.'



(End of Chapter)

✨ Love this novel?

Visit my Patreon for fast access and advanced chapters! patreon.com/BbingTranslations

Thank you for your support.❤️

NEXT CHAPTER

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: This Celebrity Just Wants to Study

Chapter 1: The Entertainment Industry Is Too Deep—Studying Hard Is the Real Path “‘When You Are Young’—the variety show is actually being filmed at our school!” “I know that show! Isn’t it the one where young celebrities come in as transfer students and they film their daily lives in middle school?” “I heard Xie Mu is coming too! I’m so excited—he must look even better in real life than on TV!” Celebrities are coming to film a show at the school? Pu Tong listened to the girls discussing by the roadside and found it somewhat amusing. To think he would run into people from the same industry on his very first day after transmigrating. Others might find it novel, but for Pu Tong—who in his previous life had already been a bottom-tier celebrity—this “celebrity world” was nothing new. After all, in this era, even random nobodies could become celebrities. Most of them were just unknown 18th-tier artists with almost no recognition outside their fan circles. Unfortunately, Pu Tong had been exac...

Chapter 5: The Restorer

  Chapter 5: Enemies Meet on a Narrow Road "I didn't take anything special. It was pretty much the same as the tests we usually had." Su Xiaoxiao thought for a moment before saying: "However, before the exam, our school organized a physical examination. Normally, they only measured height, weight, and things like that. But this time, they actually drew blood." "Brother, you should have seen it. Several boys in our class fainted at the sight of blood. They usually act so tough and boastful, but when it was time to have their blood drawn, they screamed like ghosts. It was hilarious." "Physical examination... and they drew blood too?" Su Xiaofan was stunned. However, he didn't think too deeply about it. High schools often organized physical examinations for students. It seemed to have nothing to do with university admissions. But Su Xiaofan still felt that something about his sister's special admission was strange. There were so many stu...

Chapter 2: This Celebrity Just Wants to Study

Chapter 2: Sitting at the Same Desk as the National Sweetheart There were noticeably more people lingering at the school gate than usual. Clearly, fans had rushed over after hearing the news. Looks like school life won’t be peaceful anymore. Pu Tong felt a headache coming on and quickly pulled Liu Neng away from the chaotic scene. “Brother Tong, there are so many fans!” Liu Neng looked around excitedly like someone who had never seen the world. “Uh-huh.” “You’re not even shocked?” “I am shocked. Totally shocked. Wuu wuu wuu.” Pu Tong deliberately acted overly emotional. Shocked? This? Although he had been a bottom-tier celebrity in his past life, he had at least seen the world. He had attended many events and witnessed plenty of crazy fans before—this was nothing more than a small scene. All he could say was: fan culture is terrifying. He rejected Liu Neng’s invitation to go to an internet cafĂ© and instead went straight to a bookstore. The original owner of this body was the type who ...